Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Too Many Books, Too Little Time!!!!

It's been a while since I posted, but not since I last finished a delicious book!  Because I've read so many lately, I decided to give you a quick update on all there is to read out there.

So, below are a series of books I've read recently.  After each, you'll find two letter grades- one for the quality of the writing and one for the quality of the story.  Those that received good grades earned themselves dedicated blog posts in the near future.  Also, I've put stars next to the ones I suggest you read first.  Enjoy!



After the Fall, Kylie Ladd-- Writing: B, Story: B+

Ah-Choo!: The Uncommon Life of your Common Cold, Jennifer Ackerman-- Writing: A, Story: A

The Company She Keeps, Georgia Durante-- Writing B-, Story: A

Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell-- Writing: A, Story: A

**The Help, Kathryn Stockett-- Writing: A, Story: A

I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced, Nujood Ali-- Writing: B, Story: A

I Know This Much Is True, Wally Lamb-- Writing: A, Story: A

**I'd Know You Anywhere: A Novel, Laura Lippman-- Writing: B+, Story: A

**Little Bee, Chris Cleve-- Writing: B+, Story: A

A Question of Attraction: A Novel, David Nicholls-- Writing: A-, Story: B

**Room: A Novel, Emma Donoghue-- Writing: A, Story: A

A Scattered Life, Karen McQuestion-- Writing: B, Story: B

A Secret Kept, Tatian de Rosnay-- Writing: A-, Story: B+

Solar, Ian McEwan-- Writing: A, Story: C

Summer at Tiffany, Marjorie Hart-- Writing: B, Story: B+

The Understudy: A Novel, David Nicholls-- Writing: B+, Story: B

******** Water for Elephants: A Novel, Sara Gruen-- Writing: A, Story: A+

Wishful Drinking, Carrie Fisher-- Writing: B, Story: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment